Thursday, November 13, 2008

Nitty Gritty IVF numbers!

I gotta say... I love reading other peoples stories, the insight and the humor and sometimes the sadness, it's pretty powerful, like a bond with someone you don't know but are feel a connection to because of a common journey. I hope if you're reading my blog you find it helpful and some sort of comfort too. I will try to not ramble (starting after this post of course!)

So I've been totally absorbed with reading blogs or info on-line with references to cycle days, stims, E2 levels..ect. It's so helpful....well not so helpful to my boss because I CANNOT concentrate on much these days, all I can think about is this process, and with that being said, good old Mr. Google and I have become pretty tight. I think I owe him a Christmas card this year for sure! Anyway..I'm going to list some of my info here in case someone like me is BFF's w/ Mr. Google (I like to share my friends!)

Here are my "stats" I'll start from today and work my way back in case anyone is curious:

Stim day 13: 11/13/08 (only stim in the a.m./ trigger shot in the PM!)
Uterine Lining: 13.3mm -- doc very impressed w/ my lining :)
Follicles: 12 measured, ranging from 11.5 to 20.1mm (I have several @18mm)
E2 Level: 2,438 (liking that # lots!)
  • Comments made by doc on Stim day 13: "you've done good work" (in regards to follicle growth), she was super happy with the uterine lining and she seemed genuinely pleased with the results. Outside of her office talking to the IVF nurse for protocol I got the same warm and fuzzies from her! This all may seem odd to report but I'm not used to the sunshine stuff from the staff so I'm taking this as a sign that they are thinking "this lady is gonna be pg soon!"
  • Comments from the lab tech that is so sweet and always compliments me in some way when she takes my blood: her: "anyone ever tell you that you look like Lisa Loeb?" Me: "no, but my sister has been told that, and my sis and I look alike." her: "you are like a spicier version." Me: (in my thoughts).. is that her way of saying I am chubbier than Lisa Loeb? "spicier"AKA "chubbier"... I like it! and hey I think LL is cute and retro so that particular look alike comment didn't make me want to run away in shame.
Note: So I just ran upstairs so DH could give me the trigger shot... exciting (not the shot, but that trigger time arrived!) My DH did have to jam the needle in the upper 4th quadrant of my arse..but hey..it's okay, I survived!

Stim Day 11: 11/11/08
Uterine Lining: 12.5mm
Follicles: 12 measured, ranging from 8.6 to 20mm (they weren't clustered together and needed to grow per doc)
E2 Level: 798 (good, more than doubled from previous level)

Stim Day 8: 11/08/08
Uterine Lining: 8.6mm
Follicles: measured 12, ranging from 8.6 to 12.7mm
E2 Level: 290

Stim Day 5: 11/05/08
E2 Level: 76

Note: 10/30/08 Baseline E2 Level 20.

My stim drug (doctors choice): Bravelle

No comments:

Post a Comment