Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A little bit of crazy has set in



I made the mistake this afternoon to do some googling on 2 cell embryo IVF success cases. I couldn't find anything positive, or any success stories with a 2 cell. If I've left a stone unturned please let me know. I've got to stop this researching I know...it is what it is at this point. I cried all the way home to the point of headache (I am ridiculous). I told DH and my mom both that I'm not feeling hopeful, now I've deflated their hopes and I feel guilty. I think it's my defensive armor for the expectation of a negative result on Monday, I guess I shouldn't have shared, wasn't fair of me.

I had come to terms with the 2 day transfer, I figured my chances were just as good as with a 3 day, but what I hadn't really researched was a 2 day transfer w/ a 2 cell division (the other that was transfered hadn't divided at all).

I'm left with this hope: My uterine environment and thick lining saved the day for the embies and they divided like I couldn't even imagine. I hope so at least, my current positive attitude hasn't saved the day that's for sure.

***I hope I hope I hope I hope***

My daughter and I have a beauty appointment this evening at the local little "boutique", she is getting her 2nd ever eyebrow waxing (the girl has serious eyebrow issues, I had to step in, normally I wouldn't think a 12 year old should be waxed as she doesn't even shave her legs yet), she also is getting a hair trim and I am getting a Thanksgiving treat of a pedicure. My first since I swore off of them towards the end of summer (trying to cut out the "latte" spending).

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone if I don't post before then!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog.

    I agree that you gotta do what your kids needs. My 2 year-old girl is the hairiest child I have ever seen. I am already saving for her laser hair removal if she wants it.

    I am wishing you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang onto hope! I believe that IVF started with 2 day transfers and 2 cells. It only got longer when they got better at the petri culture. So, think of all the babies born to IVF in the 80s.

    Still praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here via cyclesistas! just wanted to wish you GL! hope you had a good thanksgiving and hope your bfp is on its way!

    ReplyDelete