Thursday, November 13, 2008

Blessed to already be a Mom

For those of you that are struggling to conceive your first child I will not even pretend to be in your "boat", as I have a wonderful and beautiful and precious daughter from my first brief marriage. I pray that you too will experience the joys that I have and continue to have in being a mother. I am so fortunate now that my daughter and my DH have a bond that is unconditional, those that do not know I was married before assume she is his biological child. My DH is a wonderful father already and the 3 of us to feel blessed as a family unit.

With the above being said.. for those of you like me, that may be in a 2nd marriage, a good marriage, a true commitment...and all you want is to have a baby with the husband you adore...I can relate to you. I can relate because, for me, I know the experience from pregnancy and beyond will be different, and it's something we've both being praying about for so long.

Our daughter is aware of some of the minor details of what we are doing with IVF to help us have a baby....she is very sweet, and spiritual and prays about it often. We don't want to keep her in the dark, and really, it would be very hard to do because that kid is "all ears", if something is going on in our house, she is usually the first to know! We also don't want her to worry, so she's aware I am getting shots to help us to have a baby. I never imagined that she would be an only child, I guess that's because she won't be an only child because IVF #2 is giving her a sibling! I want her to have a sibling to depend on, to tell family stories with and to have shared memories of life w/ "Mom & Dad" when we are long gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment